Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Celebrating a Year at the Oatley Academy!



Chris Oatley at the Salt Lake Art Institute.
My first attempt at being Cake Boss. Lol!


Jessie Kate Patterson, Scott Wiser, Chris Oatley and me.
Oatley Academy meet-up at the art museum!
It's been one amazing year, being part of the Oatley Academy! Here's a shout out to Chris Oatley for all he has taught me and for all the ways he has helped and mentored me. I'm truly grateful! I made a robot cake (as seen above) for Chris last week when he stopped in Salt Lake for a short visit, which happened to be on the one year anniversary of the first class of the Oatley Academy, of which I was part! What an incredible year it has been. I have learned so much and have been inspired in so many ways, not only by Chris, but by all the students in this wonderful learning environment he has created. So here's a little show of thanks for all the great artistic growth! Thanks Chris, for helping me push harder and dig deeper than I ever have before. 

If you, reader, get the opportunity to take a class from the Oatley Academy, I encourage you to do so. Your art and life will be changed for the better.

No comments: