Monday, January 07, 2013

Joining the Unofficial Dummy Book Challenge

Look! It's official because I have a badge!  I have decided to join the 2013 Unofficial Picture Book Dummy Challenge which is hosted by Lisa Thompson. I have been keeping my eyes open for a good picture book writing challenge. For the past I-don't-know-how-many years, I have been wanting to start writing and illustrating my own books. I have written a few stories here and there and even done a couple dummy books. But nothing has ever gotten very far, and a dream is just a dream unless you do something about it.  It seems like my other illustrations jobs always get in the way of this thing that I really want to do. So this year I am doing something about it. A challenge will be really good for me because I can keep on track with the deadlines and be held accountable in front of other author/illustrators who are doing the same thing. I am announcing it here, and I will hold myself accountable for each step here on this blog. So here we go! This week the first step is to Pick a Project.

If you would like to read more about this challenge, you can click on this hyperlink which will take you to the details on Lisa's blog. I'm excited for this challenge. Bring it on!!

3 comments:

jennifer said...

This sounds so cool. Good luck with this challenge. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Lisa Thompson said...

I'm so glad you've signed up for the challenge! It is a great way to stay motivated and hopefully make that dream a reality. :)

Bethany said...

I'm so glad you are doing this!