Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Better Art Week Day 3

I failed to report yesterday because it was a pretty busy day. I went to a planning meeting for an awesome SCBWI illustrators conference we are going to have in the Salt Lake area in February. More details to come soon! I also finished a sketch for a project I have been working on for a while. Today I have already read a couple pages from Framed Ink and The Imagineering workout. I also did this very quick composition and color study- in pencil and watercolor- again from the beginning of the movie Enchanted. I love this dynamic overhead view over the garden. I failed to draw the two figures on the path which would have helped with the scale change in the composition. Oops! I also discovered with delight that they used a triad color scheme, my favorite- orange, purple an green. What a great learning experience I just had and in just a few minutes!

3 comments:

Laura Zarrin said...

Love this! Keep em coming. I'm learning a lot.

Claire said...

That composition/color study is super neat~ Great idea to have it be a color study too. :D

Shawna said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Laura and Claire! Yeah, it was fun to discover which colors they used in a very sloppy and fast way.