Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Review of the Rest of My Art Week

Here's a sketch I did last Friday to paint at an Art and Basket auction for a private school in Springville Utah. The whole thing, preparations and painting at the auction was sort of a comedy of errors, but it was fun and I learned a lot. One of my mistakes was forgetting to take any pictures, both of me working at the auction, and of my finished painting. Oh well. I learned a lot, and I will be better prepared for next time I participate in an event like this.

Saturday I enjoyed attending Chris Oatley's Portfolio party. It was lots of fun and educational. He is now launching his new Painting Drama 1 Independent Study Class!! Check it out here! Taking Painting Drama 1 may have been one of the best things I've ever done for my art.

Overall, it was a great week for art. I finished reading Framed Ink by Marcos Mateu-Mestre, and now I'm moving on to Creative Illustration by Andrew Loomis. I really worked hard and made sure I took time for my art. I am learning so much every day and I hope I can apply all this knowledge to my artwork! Here's to another great art week!

1 comment:

Manelle Oliphant said...

I didn't get to see that close up. I really like the character. Nice work.