Friday, October 26, 2012

Invisible Ink Book Recommendation



Have you ever wanted to be a better story writer? I have! I recently read this amazing book called Invisible Ink by Brian McDonald. I first heard about this book recommendation on this interview with the author, Brian McDonald on the Paperwings Podcast. Brian is a screenplay writer, not a children's book writer, but his book will help anyone who wants to write a good interesting story of any kind. What I love about this book is he uses examples from fairy tales, folk tales and movies and shows the reader how each technique of an invisible story element is used in each situation to tell a more interesting/dramatic story. This is a book I am definitely going to keep close by when writing my children's books. I know my stories will be better because of this book. Highly recommended for all writers, beginner or professional!

No comments: