Monday, July 02, 2012

Lost Brocade


I guess I got busy thinking about other things and never posted some of the illustrations I did. It is hard to remember sometimes because I have to wait until the illustrations are published to post them here. This is a little job I did for a client last fall. I illustrated a chinese fairy tale called The Lost Brocade for one of their textbooks. In the end, we had to change a bunch of it and take the brocade out because of issues with the text. They didn't end up using the spot illustration either. This kind of think happens often in freelance illustration- you just have to go with whatever comes along. It goes with the territory. But I wanted to post all of it here, because I like these originals. It is fun to be able to illustrate international stories and legends!

No comments: