Thursday, July 26, 2012

Figure Drawing Ancient Greek

Today my friend Michael hosted a figure drawing session at the library. It was so delightful to do a figure drawing! When I was in school, I didn't like figure drawing much. Probably because I was always being graded and felt under pressure. Don't get me wrong, I learned so much from my figure drawing classes, and I am very thankful that I had the opportunity to learn from such great teachers. But it was a class, so there was pressure.

But now it's a lot different than being in a figure drawing class in school. I don't get the opportunity to do this much anymore. Now I love figure drawing. It's a relaxing time for me to get away (this means peace and quiet away from the kids-- I love them, but they are very loud) and just draw. It's a great little stress reliever from me, and now I don't have to care what anyone else thinks. It's just for me- for my enjoyment and for my learning.

By the way, this model was perfect for this costume. He looks very Greek- don't you think?!

No comments: