Saturday, May 26, 2012

Something a Little Different


I am working on a t-shirt design for a family reunion. We decided to use "The Fun Bug" as part of the design. The Fun Bug is one of my grandpa's many inventions made out of an old truck made into a wagon type thing that a bunch of people can ride on all over "The Ranch" in Arizona where my grandparents live during the summer. Here are a couple of designs I have been working on, neither of which are going to be the finished product fo the t-shirt, but I am really enjoying trying these different styles. I am working with my hubby who is a graphic designer on the final design. These would probably be a lot easier if I could just practice getting good at Illustrator, but instead I did the first one in painter with the pencil tool and the second one in photoshop hand painting all the shapes. It was still fun. I would like to use the first style in my coloring pages and the second style might show up in some future book projects! Who knows?! This however does not mean that I like drawing nor do I want draw vehicles with happy little faces. The end.

8 comments:

DAVID WILSON said...

Ooooo. I love it all. The shapes and linework in the first one are spot-on, and I'm seeing the next "Erica Carle."

Shawna said...

Thanks, Dave! It was fun.

Bethany said...

I love these styles (and not just because I love the Fun Bug). I've never seen you do anything like this! I like it! I'm excited to see the finished product.

Meedy said...

Love it! you are so talented.

Manelle Oliphant said...

I agree these are pretty awesome.

jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jennifer said...

Lol. You sure you don't want to do more smiley faced vehicles?

You did great with both of these. I look forward to see your final
t-shirt design.

Amber's Illustrations said...

Definitley an Eric Carle approach. Only this time with digital media