Thursday, April 19, 2012

How to draw and shade 3D shapes

Did I ever tell you that I teach children art? I have fun once a week teaching a group of neighborhood kids (which includes my two girls). Well, Here is a tutorial I just threw together for my class to practice (literally, I threw it together really fast, so it's far from perfect). Anyone is welcome to use it to learn how to draw for personal and non-commercial purposes... That is if you promise to follow my blog! ;) I also have an art class blog where I post the projects we've done. We have done lots of fun projects this year! Check it out here!

Also check out my print shop and my card shop!

3 comments:

Joanne Roberts said...

Love all your kids' project ideas. I highly recommend Bruce McIntyre's Drawing Textbook, if you can get your hands on a copy. The lessons are fun and simple. Both my child and adult students have enjoyed it.

Shawna said...

Thanks, Joanne. I'll check it out!

crazylady said...

Heyyy... thanks again for the super print! I decided to do my own giveaway (I hope you come join in!) and had to give you a shout out in one of my blogs talking about it: http://crazyladyillustration.wordpress.com/2012/04/21/giveaway-and-going-green/ (the actual giveaway is on my Illustration Blogspot Blog)