Monday, November 28, 2011

IF: Round


Hi My friends. I had a brief break from illustration jobs- enough time to clean out my office/studio, which I was grateful for!  Now it's back to work!

I will be sharing some illustrations from a book I illustrated last year called Rosie the Reindeer. It was going to be a self published book but the author was unable to publish it this year- so we're hoping for next year. But I thought I would share some illustrations just for fun since it's Christmas time. It's sort of a cute Rudolph-like story- but with girl reindeer. The above illustration is  a double spread spot illustration which ended up being one of my favorites. This is one of the illustrations I had to work for. It took a few sketches to get to this point. I really like the end product- that you can see all the characters and their personalities without the composition feeling crowded. I chose this illustration to go with the IF theme for this week because of Santa's nice round belly and the reindeer in round tutus looping around in a round semi-circle. It fits! More soon!

8 comments:

Sarah-Bodera said...

Dancing reindeer! My favorite is the little one at the end of the line <3 adorable. Great work :)

TrisTania said...

Very suited for this coming festivities! It's lovely and a very funny drawing :D

Cindy D. said...

Super adorable! I love their cute and happy personalities and the cute little skirts and other details. Really lovely style, too.

Ian Summers said...

Really nice work!

Laura Sighinolfi said...

Fantastic ^_^

Leen Christens said...

This is a strong illustration, I also like the composition! Excellent work!

Bethany and Thomas said...

Cute... I like the finished product!(Since I got to see it in the works). I really like all the characters!

Barclay said...

Wonderful work. Thank you.