Friday, August 06, 2010

Talented Banjo Pigs #1: Ballerina Banjo Pig


I've been in a little bit of a rut since my last book project ended. It's mostly because I've been working non-stop since March, so it's nice to have a little break and do some home projects and spend more time with my family. But I've decided it's time to get myself back into gear! So I've started getting my creative juices flowing by making my own Banjo Pig- you should go check out the Banjo Pig blog which was started by Guy Francis and Stacy Curtis- so much fun!

I am also using this opportunity to experiment. This is a watercolor I did in Photoshop and Painter. I don't know if I've mentioned before, but I don't have the full version of Painter, I only have Painter Essentials that came with my Bamboo Wacom tablet. So there are a lot of things missing, but I use what I can. Anyway, here is what I came up with. Most of the watercolor effect was actually done in Photoshop, and I just did some touch up in Painter. I love learning new things and experimenting all the time! More banjo pigs to come soon...I hope!

4 comments:

Bethany and Thomas said...

Of COURSE you would do a ballerina banjo pig! Cute!

Chrissy Fanslau said...

Very sweet! Love the soft colors.

sketchbooksafari said...

She is adorable, reminds me a lil of that scene in teh uptown girl movie where the girls dance with the guitars

cathi mingus illustration said...

You have the sweetest pig of all. Nice work!