Saturday, June 19, 2010

BYU Illustration 30th Anniversary Alumni Show

I just enjoyed a fabulous day of art and catching up with old friends. Today was the opening reception for the BYU Illustration 30th Anniversary Alumni Show. The day started out with a figure drawing session and I decided to go! Here's what I came up with. I tried watercolors. Some of it got bit muddy, but it was fun to try out. It was nice to draw from a live model, wish I could do it more often!

I went with my husband, Warren to the Alumni dinner (my camera batteries died, so no pictures of that), and then the opening reception for the show. I had so much fun seeing old friends from school and new artist friends that I have made since. Here I am with some of my wonderful teachers that helped me become the artist I am today- Robert Barrett and Doug Fryer.


Another great teacher who taught me so much- Richard Hull.

There were many friends there from when I went to school. Here is a picture of some of them.

Here is my piece that is in the show. Everyone was allowed only one piece in the show because of the number of participants. I was excited to see that my piece was hanging next to some of my favorite children's illustrators.


If you just happen to be in Provo, Utah in the next couple of weeks, you should go check out this fabulous show in that Harris Fine Arts Center at Brigham Young University. It is hanging on three floors. The show will be hanging until July 14!

2 comments:

Bethany and Thomas said...

I like your painting... and I like the muddiness. It gives it a lovely effect, especially all around him. Tres bien.

Lara and Jayson said...

You picked a great one to display, I love that piece! It is so full of color and excitement!