Saturday, March 06, 2010

Finally, an Illustration!


Well, here it is. I finally finished a sample illustration!! When I was in 5th grade, I learned that Queen Elizabeth's dresses were so heavy that her servants had to carry her (maybe "push her" would be a better description for my picture). I thought it would be a fun illustration. It turned out to be a VERY ambitious undertaking. I had no idea. All the people, all the jewels, all the fabric, even the background details. I thought I was almost done and then it took two more weeks. Well, I hope it was worth it. I'm still not sure! It's also hard to see in this small of a view with all the details.

On a side note, sadly, they are changing the format of the UVU forum on Children's Literature this year. So I am sad to report that I will no longer be speaking on the panel on March 15. But I will still be speaking at the Ogden Pallet Club this coming Tuesday, March 9th (see post below for more details). Better get started on preparing what I am going to talk about! :/

6 comments:

Manelle said...

This turned out nice!

Heather said...

Oh! I simply LOVE this! I think this is one of the best you've done. I love all of the movement and colors it has!

jennifer said...

This turned out fantastic. The background paintings are great. I'm glad you went that direction.
I'm sorry to hear about UVU forum being a stinker.

Shannon said...

Worth it!

Diane Smith said...

Wonderful!!! Great detail and lots of fun! Love your style!

Alisa Haggard said...

Wow, Shawna. All the details are amazing! I love the servant characters. fun!