Thursday, February 18, 2010

Illustration Presentations!

It's lots of fun and a little nerve racking to do illustration presentations! :) Here are a couple events I will be doing presentations at. If you're in Utah, I'd love you to come join me! Click on the pictures and they will take you to the websites for more information.


I will be doing a presentation about children's book illustration at the Ogden Pallet Club. They meet every second Tuesday at the Ogden Chamber of Commerce Building located at 2444 Washington Blvd in Ogden. I will be presenting on March 9, 2010 at 7:00 pm.


At the Forum on Children's Literature which will take place at Utah Valley University on March 15 and 16, I will be participate in an illustrators panel entitled "Breaking and Entering into illustration." This is always a fun conference that I enjoy going to every year.

Class room presentations! Today I did a little presentation on illustration for my daughter's Kindergarten class. In the above picture, please ignore the very unflattering picture of moi and instead turn your gaze to that very eager looking girl wearing a raspberry colored shirt and sticking her head out of the crowd. Yes indeed, that is my sweet daughter, Cassidy. She is a budding artist herself who spends hours each day drawing in her room.


I had tons of fun doing this little presentation. I love seeing the kids reactions. They laughed at every single illustration I showed them, even if it wasn't funny. Cute! I took it as the biggest compliment I could ever get- genuine delight. That's who I really do this for- kids!

1 comment:

Will Strong said...

Shawna, I just found your blog. I love your stuff. I had to comment on this post because I love doing presentations. I'm still unpublished (but getting close) so most of my presentations are done for free at the school where my wife teaches 6th grade. Still, it's great fun to teach the kids something new.

Nice to know your blog. Maybe we'll meet sometime. I love making new art friends. Are you going to WIFYR this year?