Monday, October 12, 2009

Ice Cream and Tap Shoes



I know it's been such a long time since I've posted. Well the reason is because A. I've been swamped with illustrations jobs, which is good most of the time except for when B. I've been moving. Yes, 'tis true. We've been living in a 3 bedroom condo for the last 5 years and we were finally able to move into our very own house! I love our house, but it was quite an ordeal getting here (there was complications with the selling of our condo) and having 10 days left to finish up my sketches and finals for a book I was working on (a chapter book rewrite of Peter Pan).

So here we are and I'm posting a couple of illustrations I did for The Friend magazine that was published in this months issue from an article entitled "Ice Cream and Tap Shoes." If you have a magazine tell me if you can see the difference between the original and the published version. Laters!

3 comments:

Lara and Jayson said...

In the published version the main character's hair is more blonde than in the original :) Congrats on the new house!

Becky said...

Very cute - I like the expression in the 2nd one :)

TheIcePixy said...

Ooo! I love how these turned out! Very cute! I'm glad you didn't have to deal with mirrors in the studio. I really need to subscribe to the Friend already.
Congrats on the new house and everything.
We've been busy doing remodeling and I've been swamped with making Halloween Costumes, so sorry I didn't make it to the critique!
Laters!