Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!!

Happy Fourth of July everyone! I am a bit exhausted from the day have opted out of seeing fireworks this evening.

As promised, here are some more pictures from Colonial Days. Firstly, here is another picture from Thursday. It is me and my good friend Manelle in our stylin' Colonial Costumes. Check out her blog to see what she did! Doesn't she look like she could be in a Vermeer painting?

Here I am today in my not so well fitting fatty costume. This time I decided to do a drawing of Paul Revere's Midnight Ride. That cute little girl hanging out by me is my little one!





This drawing was a bit more of an ambitious undertaking, and because it has been such an exhausting week, I didn't care as much about this one and just kind of wanted to get it over with. The frustrating thing about working with chalk on asphalt is: 1. It's a black surface which is quite a bit different than the white surface I am used to working on. 2. It's a bit rough! 3. You get quite sore and exhausted from crouching on the ground. and 4. It's frustrating to not have the colors that you would really like to work with. But all that said, it was a fun experience and a great holiday!

4 comments:

Manelle said...

It turned out nice. I am glad that I only did one chalk drawing though. My arms and legs are sore from yesterday. Who know it would be that tiring.

crush said...

Shawna!! This is Cami Bell Rush. How are you? I found your blog through Julie Jensen's. What an artist you are!!!! Seriously, I had no idea you had such talent. Your chalk drawings are amazing! Great, great work! I hope you and your family are well. Say hello to your parents for me! Take care and keep in touch. Feel free to check out my blog!
Cami

Abz said...

you're so good!

visit my site and let me know what u think please! :)

Nishant said...

Awesome! I love how peter pan turned out

Work From Home india