Friday, July 03, 2009

Colonial Days

I am so grateful to live in the U.S.A! And I love the Fourth of July! This year I have the fun opportunity of participating in Colonial Days in Provo Utah- part of their Freedom Day Festival- as a chalk artist! If any of you are in the area, I will be there again tomorrow on the 4th of July from 4:00-6:30 in the afternoon, so come stop by. There are a lot of other fun activities going on at the Colonial Days located at about 300 East Center Street in Provo.

Here's what I did yesterday! Yes, t'is me!



Kind of a distorted view since I couldn't get an overhead shot: Good ol' Betsy Ross working on Old Glory! It was my first time working with chalk, and I wasn't sure what I would be working with (they provided the supplies). So it was definetly an experiment, but very fun! I'll be posting more soon!

4 comments:

Sell...Party Of 3 said...

For being your first time doing it, I would have never guessed! Your work is amazing as always!!

Alisa Haggard said...

Shawna -
It was fun to run into you there yesterday! And I saw your finished drawing this morning - looks absolutely stunning in person.

Becky said...

I'm surprised it stopped raining enough to do chalk art! This looks great :)

TheIcePixy said...

Ooo! I really like your Besty Ross! You should do a finished paper or digital version too so you can keep it forever! Your design is awesome! I love the flowing flag! And the chair is sweet! Good job!