Monday, November 17, 2008

The New Website is up!


My hubby, Warren, has been working diligently on getting my new website up over the last month. He learned Flash all by himself. Isn't that dang cool? He got the website up yesterday before I got home from my conference. It is actually far from being done, but he has the main parts done, and the first portfolio page is done. He needs to add a second page. Mostly every other page (links, bio, books, contact) need to be finished. Anyway, since it's not done, now is a great time for y'all to give it a couple critiques. Do you think I need to group the colored and black and white illos in seperate groups? Or do you like the black and white's mixed in with the colors? It is also a little bit big for smaller monitors, so we appologized about that. Let me know what you think. Hopefully it will all be done soon!

9 comments:

shannon said...

nice blog, clever bio, and great looking art

shannon said...

sorry I meant very nice website, you're doing great with your work too

jennifer said...

I love your website. I'm so impressed that your husband taught himself flash. If your don't mind I'm going to add your blog to my links. I just love your work so much.

Ashley Smith said...

ooo...its so fanciful! I love it. I think it would be a good idea to separate B&W from color but its not neccessary. Yea for you!

Manelle said...

It looks so great! It was so fun to go to your site and she it all new and fancy. It looks so good. Yeah for Warren!
I think having them separate is a good idea. It seems to help on my website.

Jennifer said...

I absolutely love it! So cool, I wish I knew flash! It's fun to see artwork be animated!

Meridth Gimbel said...

You're website is stunning. I love the work you do. I'm a former BYU Illustration-ite too (2003-2006). Anyway... keep up the lovely work.

sdzsmith said...

Wow! Looks great. Hubby did a great job.

My personal opinion is NOT to separate the b/w and color images. The b/w's tend to stand out more when they're next to a color image (and vice versa) more than if it's in a whole grouping of b/w's. I tend to just scan over things that look too similar. That's an asthetic opinion, though. I don't know if others in the field would prefer it otherwise.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I tagged you over on my blog. Don't feel obligated, though. I know not everyone is into these things or have time.

Fadas & C.ยช said...

I took a look on your site and LOVE it! It's really great, beautiful but functional at the same time. Congratullations!