Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Good Art Week


This weekend, I was able to go to the SCBWI workshop of awesomeness- "Inside Children's Publishing." I feel so blessed that I was able to go. I learned a lot, and got a lot of good advice on my portfolio and how to break into the trade book market. Here I am with some old BIFFs and some new BIFFs (Best Illustration Friends Forever). ;) I have posted some of my notes from the conference on the CBBFI blog- check it out, check it out, check it out.


Sorry about the horrible picture, my camera decided not to work. On Wednesday, our illustration critique groupies went to the Springville Art Museum to see the exhibit "Unbound: Original Picture Book Art By Utah Illustrators." It was a fabulous exhibit! It is really fun to go to a museum with other artists, and really look closely at the artwork and discuss it with people who know what they are talking about. It was so great to see the original artwork- printing doesn't do the artwork justice. I also loved browsing and drooling over all the fabulous childrens books in the little museum store. If you live in Utah, you need to go check this exhibit out- it closes on December 28.

No comments: