Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Kites and Birds




I asked for a kite for my birthday last week, so we went kite flying as a family. We had a blast! The kids loved it. So I thought I would randomly post this job I did back at the beginning of the year for World Vision. These are bracelets for sponsors to give the children they are sponsoring...I hope I got that right. There are three bracelets attached to eachother- the large one for the sponsored child and two to give to friends if they want. They are holograms, and there is no way I could photograph or scan that. So here is a little video to give you an idea of what it looks like. Sorry it's really tiny.

To make the animation, I painted two versions of every kite and bird and two different views of the clouds. In the end they just used one view of the clouds and moved them across the sky.

4 comments:

sdzsmith said...

I love your colors and patterns - beautiful work. Hope you don't mind if I put a link to your blog on my site (?)

TheIcePixy said...

That is really cool! I didn't even know they did stuff like that anymore. Holograms I mean. that's sweet. Great designs too. I love your birds!

EL GRANDE said...

Your drawings are almost as lovely as your family. You have a really great blog here. I will be back soon to see more.

Ciao,
Joe y Elio

Mixed Media Martyr said...

Love your cloud painting!