Monday, March 31, 2008

Forum on Children's Literature

Yes, it's the post you've all been waiting for. Well, not really. I went to a Children's Literature Conference at UVSC on March 20 and 21 (As you can see, it's taken me a while to get to this post-- it's Warren's last semester and I've been helping him with his homework). It was inspiring as usual. It was fun to see friends and hear great speakers.

Here are sketches I drew during the conference.


Here is what I drew during the figure drawing session with Perry Stewart, one of my former illustration teachers. I tried to keep everything really loose and look for angles and such. So don't look too closely, because I never really finished it. But it was fun to do some figure drawing again with a costumed figure.

Here I am with the Key Note Speaker Illustrator David Small and his wife Sarah Stewart, a writer. I asked if I could get a picture with Sarah's bear Richard. I happen to think that people who go around with their stuffed animals are really cool people.

Here are some of my coolest and bestest friends- my illustrator friends! Some are in my critique group, others I know from school and blog land. Top row: Jennifer Tolman, Julie Crews, Me, Manelle Oliphant, Sherry Meidell. Bottom row: Jennifer Gaskin, and David Wilson. All awesome people and fabulous artists.

We will be posting things from our notes and interviews with some of the speakers on the CBBFI blog. You can find a link to recent posts on the sidebar of this blog.

No comments: