Friday, February 08, 2008

Presentations and Shows

This post is full (I mean FULL) of links for your enjoyment!

Here's a picture of me with my art at the reception for the BYU Illustration Alumni show last Friday February 1st. Read the Daily Herald's Review on the show. It was really fun to see some of the work, and really fun to visit with family, friends and old teachers. One of my former teachers, Robert Barrett who is an amazing person besides being an wonderful illustrator and teacher gave a great little inspirational speech. Thanks to all of you who came to support me. The show will be up until February 23, so if you ever happen to be in Provo before then, check it out. One of my blog readers was wondering if there was some way to view the show online. Unfortunately there isn't, so I'll just do the next best thing and give you some links to some of the artists' websites. Some of my favorites that I remember were Will Terry, Greg Newbold, Adam Ford, Val Paul Taylor (I am standing in front of one of his pieces) and Ben Sowards. Old teachers that are displaying their work are Robert Barrett, Richard Hull and Doug Fryer. There are quite a few of my friends from college and SCBWI including, David Dibble, Alisa Haggard, David Malan, Natalie Malan, Amber Erdmann, Julie Olson and Molly Williams. There were many others that I enjoyed, but I can't remember everyone. Anyway, it was fun and I think BYU is going to have a big 30-year anniversary show in 2010, so stay tuned!

On Wednesday, February 6th, I did a presentation for the SCBWI meeting along with my friend and fellow illustrator Manelle Oliphant. We talked about the "small jobs" in the children's illustrators market meaning non-trade books like magazines, educational/religious readers etc. I also talked about working with an art rep. As you may know, my art rep is Janet Decarlo at Story Book Arts. We will be posting some of what we talked at about on the CBBFI blog (if we can find some time!!).

1 comment:

Jennifer T. said...

I went and saw you're pieces, they looked excellent! So fun to see originals!