Wednesday, December 12, 2007

IF: Little Things


Here's a fairy godmother I made for my new website. When I first started drawing her, she was a lot more proportionally correct and just had a small beehive (can you tell I love beehives?). When Warren saw her he told me there was just nothing special about her and to make her less proportional (it's so good to have another artist in the house). So I worked on making her a tall beehive and stuck a bunch of "little things" in it. I was originally going to give her a traditional pink fluffy dress, but decided to use richer colors to make her a little different.

12 comments:

Nicole Florian said...

Adorable!

timafli said...

Nice character design and colors.

princesstomato said...

oh this is too fun!!
teri

imwithsully said...

This lady is so much fun!

glorifiedg said...

I look at this and all I can say is that this woman is hopeless! Those boots don't got with that dress!

J/K. This look perfect. I only hope this isn't MY Fairy godmother.

Which also poses the question. Do guys have fairy godmothers? Hmmm. There's a book plot.

Kactiguy said...

Nice one Shawna!

Jeff Brame said...

Love the illo and the hair climbing upwards. Awesome stuff.

Alisa Haggard said...

Shawna, this is great! The little things really give us a glimpse into her personality and make her an extra intriguing and fun character. Is there another artist critique coming up soon? I'll make it one of these days, I promise. :)

scribblesk said...

Love the fancy hairdo and the purple dress! She's quite something!

Manelle said...

This turned out so great!

Amber's Illustrations said...

Hi Shawna. That one reminds me of my Great Aunts we used to visit down in St. George. They had Beehive-do's.

Talyn said...

She's wonderful. I just love the hair. It's fun to see someone else I know doing IF. My dad does it too.