Thursday, November 15, 2007

Book Signing


Well, it seems I have gotten myself into a book signing. It is the SCBWI members book signing that will take place this Saturday November 17 at the Barnes and Nobles at the Gateway in Salt Lake. I will be there from 2:30 to 3:30. I will be signing copies of Allie's Bike. I told them about my book, but later told them that I decided not to participate because my book is kind of small (and not really all that cool in my oppinion-- it's a reader). Plus, it's something I'm not incredibly proud of because the publishers changed about half of my pictures. Anyway, it seems they ordered the books before I bowed out, so I have agreed to do the book signing anyway. So I hope if you live in the Salt Lake area and you have a little free time on Saturday afternoon that you will come and say "hi," and meet all the other cool authors and illustrators. Plus, who can resist the excuse to go to a bookstore. . .one of my favorite places to be. Hope to see you there. I don't care if you don't buy my book. . .I'm getting no royalties from it. Just come say "hi" so I don't feel like a loser!!:)

By the way, the banner I have on top is temporary until I can paint something cool to put up there. I was just getting tired of seeing that same boring banner and I had to put something up there for a little change.

2 comments:

Manelle said...

I wish I could come. I have too much to do today. But I will see you on Tuesday.

Good luck with the signing.

Jennifer T. said...

Hi Shawna,
Thanks for you comment on my blog. Ya the critique group is of interest to me. Congrats on your book! Illustrating is an exciting world.