Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Random Objects






























Here are a few spots I did for The Friend Magazine. They were just going to have me do a regular pen and sink, but I couldn't resist and had to give them personalities. I totally took the risk and sent them the sketches. To my delight they really liked the ideas. Sometimes I feel like a kid again when I let my imagination run wild with possibilities. Maybe my need to give inanimate objects personalities stems to my silliness since the time of my childhood in always wanting to give every stuffed animal or puppet I pick up a different personality. Warren does it too. I know, we're totally weird. Believe me, our family can keep ourselves entertained for hours at a souvenir shop full of animals and puppets. The stuffed animals in our home help our children do things they don't want to do when mom and dad telling them is not enough. We totally fall under the category of weird artsy fartsy people. But believe me, us creative folks are having all the fun.

News: For all you children's illustrators or people wanting to become children's illustrators, our next critique will be on November 20th at Manelle's place. Let me just tell you, these critiques are SO much fun. We always have a blast. If you live in the Salt Lake area and are interested, contact me. You can find my email address on my website. Write "Illustration Critique" in the subject line, so I'll know it's not spam.

3 comments:

Alexiev said...

oo... Good images...

Best wishes from Buenos Aires...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar
Alexiev Store

Manelle said...

These images are awesome. I'll keep my out on the friend for when they come out. See you in November.

Amber's Illustrations said...

Shawna,
You're ideas are the best. I'm going to try and make it to the critique this month.