Wednesday, October 03, 2007

IF: The Blues


Well, I didn't do this piece specifically for the IF topic, but I figured it worked because I used lots of "blues" in this painting. :) Actually I am just so happy to finally be posting some artwork again. I finished this today for our critique group (which was great as usual), and the girls gave me some good suggestions. I am planning on changing a couple things, but I was so excited, I just had to post this now!! This will be part of my new website. It will be in the background. Long story. Anyway, I guess you'll just have to wait and see what I'm talking about.

11 comments:

nadine said...

I really love it. It's great!!!! ^_^ keep the good work

Julie Hammond said...

Does TWA fly here? I want to go! I love the swirls and your use of color. Great job!

kdhamel said...

Beautiful and magical - love the colors!

enigma said...

really beautifullll.....love your style!

Jamin LeFave said...

Thanks for your comment.I remember you, but I can't seem to remember if we took any classes together. It is great to see that you're getting your work out there. I'm sure it is demanding trying to balance illustration and being a mom. Hats off to you. I'm really digging the design of the tree.

bee'nme said...

Gorgeous illustration in every way - I love your style and technique - what is your medium for this? I enjoyed looking at the larger version to see all the yummy colors, textures, and details. It's really quite beautiful, and I hope it serves you well on your new website!

imwithsully said...

Anything with castles in it makes me happy! What a great style!

Becky said...

Love your illustrations...they are so whimsical and delightful. Great job!

glorifiedg said...

Oh, you painted a picture of my house! How nice. There's just one problem. My house isn't this big...and it's stuccco, not brick...and it doesn't have that big wall around it...and it's stuck together with a bunch of other houses, so I guess you could say it's sort of an apartment or a condo or something like that, but other than that, the likeness is perfect!

Alisa Haggard said...

Shawna, this is beautiful! I don't know how you designed all those leaves in there, but they look fabulous. The blue reflected light is a nice touch too. I'm excited to see how you use this on your new website.

Jay said...

Shawna- Awesome. I love the whole scene.