Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Masterpieces in the works

So you may be wondering why I haven't published anything since JUNE!! Well, I promise I'll get something up soon. In the meantime I'll just post a little update on what's going on in illustrator land for me. I finished my book "King Josiah and the Rule Book" back in August. I will be able to post illustrations from that later. I also finished a few black and white drawings for workbooks. We had a fabulous critique group in August, and we had lots of fun. We're having another critique on October 3. If you live around Salt Lake and are interested, email me (you can find my email address on my website) and I'll give you the details. You can bring anything from ideas to sketches to dummy books to finished paintings. Its fun to talk and laugh with other people who know what you're going through.

Things to come: I decided to redo my whole website, so I will be posting my illustrations for that soon (and hopefully get the website up soon also). I have been offered some more workbook jobs, but decided to turn them down since I feel that it would be better for me to get some good portfolio pieces right now rather than earn money for illustrations that I can't really use in my portfolio. I think a website update will be good to promote my work a little better.

Other news: Robert's Snow is finally up for auction. My Frog Fairy Godmother will be in the Dec. 3-7 auction! It's been fun to see my name with illustrators that I really admire. I'm sure no one has a clue who I am!

Things that you probably don't care about: I made a Tenney family blog. This is mostly for friends and relatives that want to see what's going on in my family, and also for me to keep a journal a little better on Sunday afternoons.

No comments: