Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Robert's Snow



All you published illustrators ought to check this out. This is a little thing I did called Robert's Snow. Go check out the gallery of the already finished snow flakes. These snow flakes go up for auction, and all the proceeds go to money for Cancer research at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. They also publish a book in which all the money goes to the research as well. I just had to participate because it's something that's very close to my heart. My mom went through breast cancer (a 3 year survivor), and I have a dear little friend in my neighborhood who is going through Leukemia right now. So it was an opportunity I couldn't pass by. You have to be a published illustrator, so I think I barely qualified (ha ha) since I have no actual trade books. So far only educational books and soon one religious book. Someday I'll have a trade book!!

Besides illustrating the book about King Josiah, I have also been doing some work that I am really not enjoying. That is some line drawings that will go into school tests. . . you know, the kind of art that everyone loves to look at. At times like this, I just have to remember that I am trying to get Warren through school, and every little job counts, even if not for my portfolio. And these jobs are really easy to do on the side of my other big project. Well, I guess you have to work through all the jobs that you don't like to get jobs that you do like. Although, I talk to people who never had jobs that they didn't like. How does that work? I have been publishing for two whole years now. Wow! I hope the good jobs will start coming soon. Golly, I hope I don't get in trouble for saying all this stuff on my blog. I just like to babble on about illustration things that are on my mind. (If you haven't noticed). In fact, looking over my blog, I think I talk entirely too much.

Next week I actually get a whole week of absolutely no illustrating!!! We are going camping at Redfish Lake. I am going to go and relax and have fun (and chase after two very active little girls). Can you believe it? Madeline will be 1 on the 29th and Cassidy will be 3 on July 2nd! Crazy.

9 comments:

roz said...

You are the second person I've seen post their snowflake. Ack! I haven't even started mine.
You did a great job.

=o)

Alisa said...

I love it, Shawna! Great design.

glorifiedg said...

You are AWESOME!

jesukiran said...

nice work,..
"IF: Remember" and "All Clean" posts are too good

Emmalee said...

congrats Shawna! How have you been? :)

moosetaco said...

Hey, I saw your stuff in the friend, and I really like your style. Keep up the goog work.

moosetaco said...

I meant GOOD work.

ValGalArt said...

you did a beautiful job!!!

Alexiev said...

I love this frog...

Best wishes from Buenos Aires...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar
Alexiev Store