Saturday, June 02, 2007

All Clean




Here is some pictures from an article I just illustrated for the Friend.

I've learned a few things about copyrighted work. I'm pretty sure it's okay to post Friend pictures, because in the contract, it says that the owner can use the illustrations for promotion at any time. With other jobs I have learned that I am not supposed to use my illustrations for promotion (which I guess includes blogs) until the book has been published. Oops! I will try to stick by the rules from now on! Like I say, I'm always learning!

Other things that have been going on in illustrator land for me. Well lets see, I mentioned writing my own story a while back. Well, that's been put on the back burner just because I can't get the story to work out. I didn't have any work for a little while, but now I have plenty of work to do. I guess when it rains, it pours. I am working on a religious book right now about King Josiah in the bible. I guess I probably won't be able to post that work for a while. It has been fun so far. Also, I got my copies of Treasure Island, Oliver Twist, and A Very Strange Place. Check them out here on my website. I don't think they will be actually available to buy until January 2008. BTW, I'm loving the summer time. Cassidy has been learning how to use the potty (this is such a fun experience for me), Madeline has been learning how to eat by herself, and Warren has been enjoying his internship with Axiom Design. It sounds like a great place to work and he is learning tons. Cheerio!

P.S. View my new family picture album here to see some things we've been up to!

5 comments:

roz said...

Hi Shawna,

Your illustrations are darling. SO lucky that you got to get copies of the books you did. I did some work for a different ed publisher and they aren't giving us anything.
=o(

Have fun on your current projects.

Jay said...

Shawna- You never cease to amaze me with your work. It's always beautiful.

mike r baker said...

Wonderful work, Shawna! I so love your beautiful style.

ValGalArt said...

wonderful work and your family and you are adorable!

aroop said...

really nice illustrative style..expect to see more of the art work..gr8 going