Monday, March 12, 2007
Queen of Sheep-baa
Here's one that I enjoyed doing because it was a promotional piece that will appear in Picture Book 2008. It is entitled, the Queen of Sheep-baa. Please don't ask me where I come up with these things!
Here are a few humorous things that have been known to happen in the life of an illustrator mommy.
1. Holding a very wiggly baby on ones lap while attempting to paint a straight line.
2. Trying to see a painting over a very tall two-year old's head.
3. Having a "tea party" with one hand and painting with the other.
4. A very artistic two-year old very quietly painting over mommy's picture that is due the next day to a client, while mommy moves away from her desk for 30 seconds.
5. A very late mommy running like a crazy woman out of the house at 4:55, dragging along a two-year old with one hand and trying to balance a baby, a bunch of art boards and a purse in the other.
6. Trying to hold a curious two-year old and a baby on the counter at FedEx Kinkos while attempting to fill out a shipping slip. This, of course, prevents any running away, but makes a very unreadable shipping slip.