Tuesday, January 16, 2007

YAY YAY YAY!!!! I'm DONE!!!



I am so glad to have this project over with. I just spent most of the night finishing it. It feels so good to be done. Now I can breathe (and clean my house, get caught up on everything and spend a little time with my family)!!!! We are going to the children's museum on Thursday in celebration. Warren is so happy I am done too. We all cheered when I finished. I just decided to post my favorites from "A Very Strange Place." Thank you Warren for all your support during this.

Exciting news, during this whole mess, I had a moment of inspiration and wrote my own story. I also found a critique group and another writer to critique my story. So we'll see how things go on that. I am excited to write and illustrate my own story so I can illustrate what I want to illustrate instead of having someone tell me what to illustrate!! My goal is to have a dummy book done before the Children's Literature conference at UVSC in March.

3 comments:

Jess B said...

Congrats!! How very exciting!!

Roz said...

Great work!
I am new to your blog and just wanted to say that I can really identify with the challenges you face being a mom and illustrator.
It's such a gift to be able to be home with our kids but it lends itself to its own set of challenges, doesn't it!
PS. We have the same rep!
Janets wonderful isn't she!
All the best to you...
Roz

julie crews said...

Shawna!!!
You can't know how thrilled I am to have received your comment to my Illustration Friday postings. You have no clue who I am, but I have one of your little business cards (the one with the mouse on it). I picked it up off the illustrstor's table last March at UVSC. You did the picture of Moses in the river didn't you? I was there last year for the first time and will be going again this March. I can't wait to meet you too.
I'd like to give you my e-mail:
yellowfauve@yahoo.com

until next time.
Julie Crews

(Isn't Kathy great!?!?!!!)