Friday, November 10, 2006

A lot of drawing goes into one picture









Sometimes you just don't get it right until you've drawn about a dozen sketches. The picture that shows the boat (the last image) was my first draft, but the client wanted me to change it because they are supposed to be climbing up by the crow's nest (oops! need to read better!). I really liked that one, but I had to change it for the story. Here are just a few of my many sketches. My first one was not even the first version on the ship. Sometimes it takes one drawing, but sometimes it takes a dozen! The second drawing that you see is the sketch I will use for the final.

2 comments:

Momma Boz said...

My 5 year old is standing here thinking that it'd be REALLY COOL to print out your pirate pictures to color. I think you've got (another) fan!

Alexiev said...

Good pen...

I love the piratas...