Thursday, November 30, 2006

Blah blah blah, more sketches




Well, I was afraid that everyone would get tired of seeing sketches. But really, that's all I've been doing for the last month. And then I realized that like two people have ever even looked at my blog, so probably no one even cares! So this is the third reader I am working on for SRA/McGraw Hill called "A Very Strange Place." Here are a couple of my favorite sketches. These were really really fun for me to do. It gave me a chance to do lots of swirls. Warren says that is my trade mark. Go figure. The carousel horse was my favorite part. They wanted me to put the people in the background. They want lots of diversity in these books, including people in wheelchairs and people of different ethnicitys, etc. This is the last of the sketches for these books I'm working on. Now when everything is approved I get to start on the finals. Finally!!!! (ha ha) So I'm starting finals for Treasure Island this week. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas, because I might just forget about it this year!! Just kidding!

3 comments:

Jay said...

Shawna-- You're amazing.

Heather said...

Very fun...it reminds me of being a little girl and what it was like for me to go to Lagoon in the summer.

Hillary Salls said...

Shawna,
Your art is fantastic! Your pictures gleam creativity and fun! I like Treasure Island a lot!