Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!




Well, as it turns out, I got the job for a classic story book. And guess which one they picked me for? Treasure Island of course. It's been fun to look at lots of pirate pictures and of course draw them. Here are some of my first drawings which I just turned in to the client. They have to be approved, so we will see if I have to make any changes. Janet, my art rep told me that they want me to do Oliver Twist if I can, and I agreed to do that one too. I'm a little bit nervous because I still haven't finished my illustration I am working on right now for The Friend Magazine.

Things have been pretty crazy. I hope I get a chance to clean my dump of a house in between all of this. Life is really crazy trying to be a mom, be the chorister for the children (Primary) in our church, support Warren through school and try to work all at the same time. A lot of times I can only draw during nap time and after bedtime. Thank goodness Warren does his graphic design from home too so we can take turns changing diapers etc. Once in a while I feel like I never get out of this crammed condo we live in! I really love drawing, but sometimes it gets crazy. Our family has all been sick for the last couple weeks. Warren and I even had to stay home from church on Sunday because we got bad colds (which Madeline and Cassidy had just gotten over). I can't complain too much. I have a wonderful family and I am really thankful for all the opportunities I am getting for my art. I am also very thankful that I can stay at home with my children and help support Warren through school.

Last week I did get out! I went to my friend Lara's bridal shower (she was my best friend as a child, she moved away when we were 12), and a Halloween Party at my friend Heather's house (she was one of my best friends in High School). Usually getting out for me means occasional family outing, grocery shopping and trips to the doctor. It was good to see old friends again!

4 comments:

Heather Meyers said...

Great pictures! I can't wait to see the final product. It was great that you came to my party. We should get together more often. Good luck with the "no time" issue...I have the same problem.

Alexiev said...

Good perspective... great artpen...

Best regards...

Saludos desde Buenos Aires...

Julie Olson said...

Shawna, these are wonderful sketches. I love the perspective. You are a great illustrator. Keep it up and keep your nose to the grindstone...it's really worth it.

Sebastien Gallego said...

Shawna!!!!

It's so good to hear from you!! How have you been? It seems that life is treating you well. Congratulations on your little baby! Your family is very cute!
I'm glad you are still illustrating because you have a lot of talent!
I'll come often to see your progres on these new projects. Exciting!!
See you Shawna,
Amicalement,
Seb