Saturday, May 20, 2006

In the Sun- Finished!


I just finished my latest reader "In the Sun." I must admit that I didn't want to take the job because of feeling the stress of having a new baby soon and thinking about all the things I need to do. But I took it, and it didn't turn out too bad. I don't think I really like any of the pictures for portfolio pieces, but at least I was able to get it done. I have been using watercolor washes for backgrounds on this book to speed up the process. It did free up a little more time, which was good. I don't know that it looks as nice though! I am attaching one of the nicer pictures.

After I took this job, I was offered a $10,000 job for a bible story book. I wanted to take it really bad for the money that we could save. But it was due about at the same time my baby was due, and I don't think I could have handled the stress. So I turned it down. Hopefully I will get that opportunity again. Well, that's all for now.

1 comment:

HORIZON said...

Well done! I think your drawings are fantastic ~ l know that my wee boy would enjoy them. Keep up the good work.